- Grated raddish : about 2 cups
- Onion 1 chopped finely
- Tomato small : 1 chopped
- Red chilie powder 1 tbsp or depending on your taste
- corriander powder 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder : 1/4 tbsp
- Asafoetida : a pinch
- Cumin powder : 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds
- Curry leaves
- Heat the oil in a pan. splutter the mustard seeds. Then ass the curry leaves,asafoetida and onion.
- When the onion turns translucent add all the powders and mix well.
- Add the grated radish and salt. Mix. Cover with alid and let the radish cook for 5 minutes in low flame.Stirring occassionaly.
- When the radish is half cooked add the chopped tomatos and cook.Continue to cook for another 7-8 minutes.Remove from flame.
If you like you can also add the leaves of the radish. Wash the leaves very well to remove any soil particles from it. Add it along with the grated radish.
You can make this into a semi-gravy by adding 1/4 cup water after the tomatoes are cooked.For the dry version cook the radish till all the water from the radish has evaporated.