This is a very simple recipe for mutton roast. I learnt this from my mother in law. My husband just loves it. He tells me this is the only dish that I have perfected in MIL's style.Everything else I have addons..he he
- Cloves 3
- Cardamom 2
- cinnamon stick. 1 small piece.
- Bay leaf 1
- Onion-3 Big ones thinly sliced length wise
- Ginger-1 inch piece
- Garlic- 4-5 cloves
- Green chilly-3
- kashmiri chilli powder- 1 1/2 tbsp depending on your taste
- corriander powder-1 1/2tbsp
- Turmeric Powder-1/2 tbsp
- Garam Masala powder-1tbsp
- curry leaves a few
- Mustard seeds. 1/2 tbsp
- Cocunut Oil-3Tbsp
- Cut the mutton in to small pieces clean an keep it aside.
- Grind the ginger,garlic and chillie together into a paste.
- In a pressure cooker add the mutton pieces,salt and the whole maslas, Add enough water to cook the mutton.Cook the mutton till it is soft. Keep aside.(Do not throw the water. will use it as a stock)
- In a kadai,heat oil and splutter the mustard seeds.
- Add sliced onion an cook till soft.
- Then add the ground paste curry leaves,salt and saute well
- Continue to saute till the onion become light brown in color.
- Then add the chilly powder,coriander powder, turmeric powder and garam masala.Mix well.
- Reducae the flame and add cleaned mutton pieces and 1/2 cup of the mutton stock into the masala mix and saute till all the water has gone and the mutton turns to a brownish color. You can also see the oil seperating.
- Remove from flame and serve as a side to your rice,rottis, naan, poratta.