November 16, 2009
One pot Vegetable Pasta~Indian style
Very simple pasta …Indian style!
• Pasta 1 ½ cups
• Onion 1 big finely chopped
• Tomato 2 finely chopped
• Mixed veggies 1 cup (carrots, peas, corn)
• Ginger garlic paste 1 ½ tbsp
• Chili powder 1 tbsp or depending on your taste
• Turmeric powder ¼ tbsp
• Garam masala 1/2 tsp
• Coriander leaves chopped, for garnish
• In a pressure cooker heat some oil. Add the onions and saute them till they turn pink.
• Add the ginger garlic paste and mix. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
• Add the chopped tomatoes and cook till soft.
• Add the chili powder, turmeric powder, salt and Garam masala. Mix.
• Add the pasta. Mix well.
• Add water just enough to cover the pasta. Close the cooker
• Cook on medium heat for two whistles.
• Once the pressure is gone remove the lid and mix well.
• Garnish with coriander leaves.
• The remaining water will be like a sauce for the pasta. If you think there is a lot of water (there shouldn’t be!) just heat till the water evaporates and becomes like a sauce like consistency.
• You can also cook the pasta separately and then add it into the gravy prepared.