- Cleaned Prawns/shrimp/konchu/chameen – 250 gm
- Onion – 1 medium, Sliced very thinly
- Ginger paste – 1 tbsp
- Garlic paste– 1 tbsp
- Chile Powder – 1 tbsp (or depending on your taste)
- Corriander powder- 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam Masala – 1 teaspoon
- coconut milk – 1/2 cup
- Curry leaves
- Marinate the shrimps with a little turmeric and chilie powder for about 15 minutes.
- In the same pan saute onion,ginger & garlic.
- When onion becomes soft add all masala powders and mix well. When masala powders are roasted well & oil starts appearing add cocum and the water. Mix well.
- Add cooked prawns and stir for 2-3 minutes. Add salt & curry leaves. Add coconut milk and cover .
- Cook till the prawns are done & the coconut milk is completely dried.
- Add 1 teaspoon of oil & saute for 5 more minutes. Remove from flame.
Can be served as a side dish for rice and roti's