What do you do when you are lying on the bed not able to sleep?? Think about something, right! ME TOO...and ever since I started blogging everything I think about is cooking! Creating something new that was my aim. So I start preparing my dish in my mind. Take a pan…Add some oil...fry the onions,., Add a little bit of this and a little bit of that…a pinch of this and a dash of that…Taste it...na...missing something.! Let’s add this!
And there you go...Walla you have made the perfect dish and you think of a perfect name too.
But then when you wake up in the morning and Google for that Perfect creation of yours…(To make 100% sure it is authentic) alas….someone else already has invented it!!
Has this ever happened to you??Horrible isnt it!!! But I am not giving up yet… if am sure with the 100’s of spices and variety of food items …We are bound to create something new!
Fried shrimp with bell pepper is a very simple dish. All I did was add the fried shrimp into sautéed onion and bell pepper. Maybe I can add the marinated shrimps with the onion and bell pepper and fry it together. But I wasn’t sure how it will cook .Will try next time!
So here is a recipe for shrimp fried with bell pepper!
- 2 cup of medium sized shrimp
- 1.5 tsp Red chili powder (Depending on your taste buds)
- ¼ tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp Garam masala powder
- 1 1/2 Tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- Salt to taste.
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- 1 Bell pepper diced
- 1 tsp mustard seed
- Lemon juice
- Salt to taste.
- Marinate the shrimp with all the powders and the paste at least for 15 minutes.
- In a frying pan add some oil and fry the shrimp. Remove when done and keep it aside.
- In a kadai, add a tsp of oil. Splutter the mustard seeds.
- Add the onions. When it gets translucent add the bell pepper and cook till it is tender. Add a pinch of salt. (REMEMEBER, we have added salt to the shrimp.)
- Add the cooked shrimp into the kadai. Mix.Let it cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add Lemon juice. Mix well.
- Remove from Flame and serve!