So, getting back to Asparagus. I was never found of asparagus before, but found out that it is a real healthy food. So I decided to give it a try since I know my diet lacks a lot of the healthy stuffs. These are some of the health benefits that I compiled from Healthmad.com
• Eat asparagus when you are pregnant or thinking about conceiving – because of it being high in folic acid it helps prevent birth defects such as spin bifida
• Great for your heart
• Helps with s menstrual cramps and fertility problems
• Helps detoxify your body
• Add more asparagus to your diet to lower cholesterol
• Great for nursing mothers stimulating milk production
• Has antioxidant agents – prevents the effects of aging
• Great for your eyes preventing cataracts
• If you are experiencing hair loss- eat more asparagus
• Helps treat toothaches
• Helps fight chronic fatigue syndrome.... ETC ETC!
• 2 tablespoon olive oil
• 2 1/2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
• 1/2 cup bread crumbs• Salt to taste
• Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450*F
- Toss asparagus spears in 1 tbsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange in baking pan.
- Coat the asparagus well with the bread crumbs.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Drizzle with remaining Olive oil.
- Bake uncovered until asparagus is just tender, about 15 minutes.
Serve it hot with a ranch dip.