I am a big fan of cheeseburgers..Just love it. but my growing waistline has made me cut down on this all time fav..So trying to satisfy my cravings for the cheese burger , I came up with this recipe for a Tuna melt. It on the healthier side coz i sneaked in some vegggies in it, so that I dont have the feeling that I am eating vegetables. You can dress up your Tuna melt in different ways: Add pickles, capers, olives , tomatoes anything..Just add or minus ingredients to get to your perfect taste. The Tuna that has given me the satisfaction is made like this
- 1 can solid Tuna in water drained
- 1 tbsp chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 tsp Light mayo + extra for spreding on the bread
- 2-3 balck olives finely chopped
- dash of pepper
- salt to taste
- just a little lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp hot sauce
- 1 slice of american singles low fat ( or any low fat cheese of your choice)
- 2 slice Toasted bread or 1 hamburger Bun
- Lettuce leaf
- 1/2 tsp spicy brown mustard
- Preheat the broiler and arrange the rack in the 2nd top position
- Comine all the ingredients from 1 to 9 in a bowl.
- On the bread apply a tbsp of light mayo on both sides.Apply the spicy brown mustard on one of the slices of bread.
- Top one slice with Lettuce leaf. Top it with the Tuna salad ( make the Tuna into a patti, will help to arrange it easliy).
- Top with the slice of cheese and the top slioce.
- Place the sandwich on a sheet tray and keep it under the broiler till the cheese melts.
This is the recipe for making just one sandwich since my hubby and son will no touch canned Tuna.
Since this is on the healthier side, serve it with some salad..NO FRIES!!