This is a simple recipe that I made up to finish of the golden corns sitting in my freezer.
- 2 cups corn kernels ( I used the frozen kind, thawed)
- 1small onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Rice flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp corrinader powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbsp chopped corriander leaves
- 3 green chillies finely chopped ( or more depending on your taste)
- 1/2 tsp red chilie powder
In a bowl. Mix all the ingredients except the corn and onions .adding water slowly. Beat till a smooth.
Now add the corn and the onions and mix till just combined.
In a pan heat some oil for shallow frying on medium heat ( if the oil becomes too hot it will turn brown too fast and wont get cooked inisde)
Using a spoon scoop one spoon of the mixure add it to the hot oil. Repeat for more baji's
Fry till it becomes golden brown color 3-4 minutes.
Flip the baji's one at a time and cook the other side too.
Remove from pan and serve with chutneys or ketchup