- Vermicelli - 2 Cups
- Water - 3 cups
- Onions - 1 big sliced
- Green Chillies - 4 (depending on your taste)
- urud daal -2 tbs
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tbs
- Curry leaves
- mustard seeds -1/2 tbs
- Diced carrots and Peas - 1/2 cup
- Take a pan and heat it.Add vermicelli and fry it till light brown and keep it aside.
- Add 3 tsp oil into the pan .once the oil gets heated add cumin seeds,urud daal,mustard seeds and curry leaves .When all these are fried add veggie pieces and fry for 4 min and then add onions and green chilli pieces. stir it for another 5 min.
- Add 3 cups of water and place a lid on the pan and increase the heat to med- high ,add salt as per taste. After 5-8 minutes when the water starts boiling , add fried vermicelli and mix well and reduce the heat to low and Leave it with lid for 5-8 minutes untill all the moisture in the upma is gone .