Who doesnt like a good cutlet? I love it and so thus every one else in my family.My mom's cutlets were so special..you just eat it once and you are hooked! My mom makes beef cutlet and she makes them in a perfect oval shape. I dont have that much patience to sit and make them into that perfect shape so i usually end up making it round. So here is the recipe that i learnt from my mom...
- Chicken/Beef/Lamb1/2 kg
- Potatoes 2 medium size ( peeled,boiled and mashed)
- Onions medium 2 finely chopped
- Ginger Garlic paste 2 tsp
- Turmeic powder 1/4 tsp
- Red chillie powder 2 tsp or as per your taste
- Corriander powder 1 tsp
- Garam masala 1/2 tsp
- Oil or frying
Cook the chicken with ginger garlic paste,chillie powder,turmeric,corriander powder and garam masala and a little salt. When the chicken is cooked remove it from the gravy and keep aside as to cool down. In the ramaining water add the finely chopped onion. Let the onion cook in the gravy till there is no more water in it.By doing this we will retain all the flavour.When the onion is cooked and all the water is gone remove it from the flame. As this is cooling down.Shred the chicken well. you can use a grinder for this. But be sure that the chicken is only shreded and not made into a paste.
Into the cooked onion gravy add the shreded chicken,mashed poataoes and a little salt. Mix well with hand.Check the salt.
Make a ball with this mixture and press down.
Make sure the edges are smooth.
Keep this aside.
- Bread crumbs 1 cup (Italian bread crumbs taste very good with its herbs)
- Eggs 1
Beat the egg well. Dip the cutlet in the egg and roll it in the bread crumbs. Keep this in a tray. Repeat the process with the remaining cutlets. Once done deep fry the cutlet in oil.
Serve it hot with tomato ketchup or any other condiments of your choice!!
- You can prepare and keep this cutlets in the freezer for future use. Take it out of the freezer one hour before your fry them.
- If you are like me and dont like to use too much oil while cooking you can alwaya bake them. But it tends to take a longer time to get to that brownish color.
- In a baking tray put a little oil.place the cutlets in it and keep it in a preheated oven of 350*. Turn the cutlets once after half an hour. Like i said takes a long time to get to that desired color. But its healthier :)