Chocolate chip cookie is an all time favorite in my family. Since Ayaan has discovered the art of eating cookies,cakes and ice creams I always try to make new items for him. Sometimes they are a big success and sometimes they are a big failure.
This chocolate chip cookie was a big hit. Even My hubby loved it. After their daily play time together they will come home and both take a big glass of warm milk and dip the cookies in it and eat it. And Ayaan will enjoy them with out any fuss. I wish it was this easy to make him to eat his lunch and dinner! But I must say it has been a real progress now days not as picky as before!
Anyways..here is the recipe for an easy to make chocolate chip cookie!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F .Grease cookie sheets .
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a spoon. Drop cookie dough large teaspoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.