September 15, 2009

Pineapple Upside Down Cake


I love cakes and Ayaan has inherited that trait from me..the only trait i think! In everything else he is like his Pappa. A cake in my home lasts only for 2 days maximum..yes even the big ones. Breakfast, lunch, dinner and everytime in between..thats how we devour our cakes. My husband on the other hand..doesnt like the frosting on cake. Says it's too sweet..really cakes sweet..ha.So when one day Ayaan said he wants cake  I went thru my pantry to find that there is no more frosting left. And Ayaan never eats plain cake.The only think I found was a can of pineapple. Then I remembered about the pineapple cake recipe that I had seen on semi home made!! yes yes..she is a big inspiration for me! Keeps it very simple always.So here is the recipe. The picture is not perfect as i had taken it long before the intention of blogging. so please bear with me.


INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 box cake mix yellow or pineapple flavored(And everything else that u need to make the cake batter)
  • 1 cup light brown sugar
  • 1 cup pineapple slices

Method:

  • Heat the oven to 350*. Make the cake batter as directed on the cake mix box.
  • In a 13 X 9 inch pan melt some butter or use a non stick spray to cover the bottom and side of the pan. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly in the pan. Arrange pineapple slices over the brown sugar. The original recipe calls for cherries to be placed in the pineapple rings.But i dont like it so i dont use them .But if u like it go ahead and place them in the center of the pineapple.
  • Pour the cake mix over the pineapple.
  • Place it in the oven for 30-35 minutes or till a toothpick inserted to the center of the cakes comes out clean. Remove it from the oven. Place a serving plate over the pan upside down.Turn the pan upside down onto the plate.Leave it for 5 minutes.This way the brown sugar will drizzle over to the sides of the cake. Remove the pan.Let the cake cool for 30 minutes (that is if u can wait)!
Cut a big slice of the cake and Dig in!!