September 28, 2009

Ice cream sandwich cookies


This is a very easy to make dessert for kids. They will really enjoy it. Its got the goodness of an ice cream and of a cookie all in one. I got this recipe from sandra lee's show in food network. I had  some cookies left over   and some ice cream. So it was made in a jiffy!
To see the original  recipe from Sandra lee Please visit the foodnetwork website.
I used the cookies left over from my chocolate chip cookies experiment.

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups vanilla ice cream, slightly softened  (or any ice cream of your child's choice)
  • 30 chocolate chip Cookies

Method:


  • Spoon about 2 Tbsp. of the ice cream mixture onto bottom side of each of 15 of the cookies; cover with second cookie, top-side up, to make a total of 15 sandwiches.
  • Freeze 1 to 2 hours or until firm.

Note: you can always add some nuts or extra chocolate chips into the ice cream. Just mix the nuts or chocolate chip into the ice cream. I was using Breyers cookies and cream icecream so i didnt add anything extra!!




I am sending this to Sri valli's kids delight food event.