This is a very simple recipe for making tapioca pudding. You can flavor this anyway u like. I made this a couple of times. Once I made this using cardamom flavor and the other times using vanilla essence. Both have different taste. I love to have this with fruits and nuts but it tastes good as such too.
Tapioca pearls can be found in our asian stores by the name sabudana( thats what was there on my packet).
or can be found in the baking aisle of most stores.
- 1/2 cup Pearl Tapioca
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup condensed milk.
- 2 tbsp sugar or more according to ur liking
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- Look athe the instruction for cooking tapioca at the back of the packet. Some have instruction to soak over night and the othersfo an hr or so. So do as the packet say. Here, my packet said to soak for 45 minutes but I soaked it for an hr.
- The cooking time for tapioca pearls will differ. Test with a few tapioca grains to get the correct cooking time.
- Tapioca is cooked when it turns translucent in color.
- Soak the tapioca in enough water as directed on the package.
- In a heavy bottomed vessel add the milk,salt and the strained tapioca and bring to boil over medium heat. Do not increase the temperature as this wont give the tapioca enough time to get cooked. Stir continuously.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce the flame to low and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Slowly add the sugar,condensed milk and the vanilla essence.
- When the milk starts to thicken, remove from flame. It will thicken more as it cools
- Serve cold. Garnish with nuts or fruits of your choice.