"What’s for dessert dear?” That’s my husband’s question as soon as he steps into the house from work. Yes, not what’s for dinner or lunch but Dessert .A complete and satisfying meal is only with a perfect dessert or sweet. And look who inherited that sweet genes. Yes my son (Can’t say much about the little one...yet!).Right now where we stay its very difficult to get traditional Indian sweets. So I just try out new recipes, hoping it comes out perfect to their tastes.
SUNNUNDALU is a very traditional sweet of Andhra. I had this for the first time from one of my friend’s house. She said it is prepared during baby showers as it has lot of health benefits during pregnancy and also given to kids. Must be the protein and fat which are beneficial for a pregnant lady very simple and easy to make and doesn’t take much time.
- 1 cup Urad dal
- 11/4 cup sugar ( more or less depending on your taste)
- 1 tbsp rice
- 1/2 cup melted ghee ( use as needed)
- 2 Cardamom seeds
- Take a pan Dry roast Urad dal till golden brown color, and then add rice and roast for 3min and blend in a blender make a fine powder.
- Blend Sugar with the cardamom seeds and keep a side.
- Mix the powdered sugar and Urad dal and mix well
- Little by little add the melted ghee till you get a consistency where you can mold them in the form of laddoo
- you can also add raisins and cashews into this.
I am sending this to ANY ONE CAN COOK series hosted by Umm Mymoonah of Taste of pearl city