October 2, 2010
Ari Unda (Rice balls)
• Jaggery- 1 cup (add more if needed)
• Roasted Cashew nuts -1 cup
• Roasted Peanuts- 1/2 cup (remove the skin)
• Coconut grated- 1 cup
• Dry roast the rice till it’s brown and puffed up and crisp. Grind into fine powder.
• Powder the cashew and peanuts. (U can also leave some nuts in small pieces it gives a nice bite).
• Mix the rice powder, nuts and gated coconut together.
• Melt the Jaggery and strain to remove impurities.
• Add this to the powder mix and mix well.Make sure that the mix gets coated well witht he jaggery. if needed add more.
• Let cool for a while.When its hot enough to touch, make balls.