June 3, 2010
So here is the recipe shared by my cuzin.
1. Tender coconut ( water and pulp) -2
2. Fresh milk – 1 cup
3. Sugar – ½ to 1 cup, according to your taste
4. China grass -10 gm
1. Blend together tender coconut water and the pulp of one of the coconuts in a blender. Keep aside.
2. Using a fork or knife cut the flesh of the other coconut into small pieces. Keep aside.
3. Soak china grass in 3/4 cup of water and stir in low flame till completely dissolved
4. Meanwhile in a pan heat milk and sugar till sugar is completely dissolved.
5. Strain the melted china grass and add it to the milk and sugar mixture.The china grass and the milk should be of the same temperature else the milk will curdle.Pour this to a flat glass dish.
6. Add the blended coconut pulp to the milk and stir well.
7. Now add the thin scrapings of the tender coconut to this mixture. Allow this to cool down for 10 minutes and then refrigerate until it sets.
Cut into squares and serve chilled.